RARE DEMO Acetate 45 PINK FLOYD Syd Barrett LUCY LEAVE

Discussion in 'Set Sale Supermarket' started by Stampy, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Stampy Ikon Class

Message Count:
    Bris Bands and diddy wah like this.
  2. eargasm! Ikon Class

Message Count:
    @ Soundog..how does that look to you?
  3. depravedskippy66 Ikon Class

Message Count:
    I am skeptical. Prior to this, have there been any known transactions regarding this? Or, indeed, have any copies of the acetate turned up prior to this one?
  4. soundog III Ikon Class

Message Count:
    Queer as a three dollar bill.
  5. eargasm! Ikon Class

Message Count:
    Well, somebody paid 2 grand for the privilege of owning the aural equivalent of that useless piece of paper.
  6. Mr.Segment Tennalaga Class

Message Count:
    Is Oldsberg selling items like these on commission and thus not caring at all about provenance? Me thinks this soils his reputation quite a bit. But I guess the greed is strong in some.
  7. mansson66 Ikon Class

Message Count:
    Looks a bit fishy... did Lucy Leave ever get out as a single side acetate? Wasn't it coupled with I'm A King Bee or some other lame blues cover? He also writes that the Stones acetate with Child Of The Moon is from '65?!? It's the flip to Jumping Jack Flash, from '68... how hard is it to check something like that to get it right? I listened to the soundfile and it does sound like a different mix/version though... but that doesn't mean the acetate is actually from the 60's. I agree that provenance is really important when moving stuff like this.
  8. Mr.Segment Tennalaga Class

Message Count:
    Well, I guess the current auction up leaves no stone unturned.:)
  9. Andreas Ikon Class

Message Count:
    Maybe it actually was recorded as early as 1965, and Lennon ripped it off for 'Rain'... :lol:

10. depravedskippy66 Ikon Class

Message Count:
    Oldsberg has relisted this. Apparently, the original winning bidder had second thoughts. Currently at $123.82.
  11. soundog III Ikon Class

Message Count:
    Yeah, alongside 5 bogus Beatles acetates. Laughably transparent malarkey is one thing, but these listings are well beyond even that risibly low standard. Notice how the words genuine, authentic or original 1960's provenance are nowhere to be found. Yes, it is described as "1960's Rock & Roll". Sure , the song is, but is the disc noted as such? Hmmm, no.

Oh, I get it, that way the seller can't be accused of fraudulent mis-identification of the item on offer. He has 'deniability" , which, along with " patriotism" , as Dr. Johnson sagely observed, can serve a final refuges of the scoundrel.

The ultimate howler is a disc of the Beatles - " I Want To Tell You" , a Revolver LP track, on an APPLE labeled acetate, two years prior to Apples formation. Uhh, I personally would LOVE to hear the explanation of this...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-1960s-...0210053?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item45fd2b3285
  12. mansson66 Ikon Class

Message Count:
    "I'm not sure if this is exactly the same as the released version??"
    - How effin hard is it to compare the "versions" before listing? These listings are extremely shady, to say the least.